Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Hello world!
I'm a Marathon man in Japan who is targeting to complete 1,111 Full Marathons. So far I ran 264 Full Marathons and 24 Ultra Marathons. I ran 1st, 11th, and 111th Full Marathons in Kasumigaura Marathon in Ibaraki Pref. in Japan. So I'm targeting to complete 1,111th Full Marathon in Kasumigaura Marathon.
I will write digests of Marathon races later which I ran.

Today I explain my rule of Marathon completion counting as follows. These are based on the rules of 100 Marathon Club Japan.

  1.  I count Full and Ultra Marathons in which I completed it by running or walking.
    • The distance of a Full Marathon is 42.195 km (26.2 miles) basically, and one of an Ultra Marathon is more than 42.195 km. I basically categorize Full or Ultra Marathons as race organizers announce.
    • If the distance of Full Marathon is proved or suspected to be shorter than 42.195 km, I count it if it is not significantly shorter than 42.195 km because I ran or walked longer than the distance from start line to finish line. If it is significantly shorter, I don't count it.
    • In case that the distance of Full Marathon is proved or suspected to be longer than 42.195 km, I count it as a Full Marathon if race organizers announce it is Full Marathon.
    • Even if the distance of an Ultra Marathon is longer than 84.39 km, I count it as one Ultra Marathon, not two Full Marathon, if race organizers announce it is one race. If it is multiple stage race, I count so (if it is 4 stage Ultra Marathon in which the distances of 3 stages are equal to or longer than 42.195 km, I count it as 3).
  2. On the proofs that I ran the Full or Ultra Marathon without dishonest acts, if the race is the official one organized by the track-and-field association, I think it is proved because there are a lot of referees, volunteers, participants, and spectators around me, some check points and photograph-taken-points. If it is not the official one, the number of participants of the race is basically equal to or more than 3 in order to assure guarantors who saw I surely ran or walked. If it is not the official one and the number of participants is less than 3, however, the race organizers recorded laps and took photographs frequently to guarantee enough that I surely ran or walked, I count it.
    • Usually I use GPS watch to record my tracks in the Full or Ultra Marathon. This is also one of proofs. However, with just GPS records I may be suspected that I traveled by bicycle. So I need guarantors who saw I ran or walked.
  3. The Marathon race is announced to public to gather participants.
    • This is also to assure guarantors.

I think these are my rules on Marathon completion counting. I may add or modify some later.
That's it for today. See you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment